Work Injury Lawyers
Workplace accidents in Texas often result in serious injuries or a even death. If you or a loved one was hurt at work, you are probably facing an injury that has left you unable to do your job for weeks, months or even permanently. Maybe you are facing permanent disabilities. If your loved one died in a work accident, it may leave you wondering how to pick up the pieces. Your loved one may have been the main breadwinner – in addition to someone who provided emotional support.
Knowing what to do after an injury at work can be confusing. Many people assume all they need to do is tell their employer and everything will be taken care of by their company. But workplace accidents are often much more complicated than many people realize.
That’s why injured workers in Texas look to Garcia & Dubove P.C., for the legal help they need after their workplace accidents. If someone other than your employer was responsible for the accident, you may have grounds to pursue a personal injury claim against that third party.
We are prepared to help you sort through the details and get justice. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling a variety of workplace accident cases and can work with you every step of the way.
We Offer Free Consultations
Work injuries can leave you with lasting damage. Attorneys at Garcia & Dubove, P.C., know how to fight for your best interests! Call us today for a free, no cost consultation at 903-593-4545
10 of the most common workplace accidents
There are thousands upon thousands of accidents – many of them very serious – in workplaces around Tyler, Texas every year. That’s why it’s so important for every employee to take precautions at work. In Texas, private employers are not required to have workers compensation insurance, so if you have been injured our work injury attorneys can help you better understand your options.
Of course, even the best prepared among us can still fall victim to accidents at work. But to be forewarned is to be forearmed, so here are ten of the most common accidents and injuries in the workplace:
- Slip and Falls, Tripping: whether you work in a factory, office building or in a store, you are likely to encounter surfaces that may be slippery, and the chance exists that you may fall victim to a slip in fall. A similarly big risk is falling from heights; whether it be falls from ladders, falls from scaffolding, or falling from other platforms.
- Being hit by falling objects: Many workers find themselves injured after an object falls on them. This isn’t only common in a warehouse type of environment; objects falling from shelves or cabinets can often lead to extremely serious injuries. Especially if you are hit by an item with full force, having not seen it coming.
- Muscle Strains: Strained muscles are a common work injury. This typically affects people who regularly lift heavy items at work. Back and neck strains are all too common in the cases we handle as Texas work injury attorneys.
- Crashes and Collisions: Impact injuries, or accidents resulting from crashes, are quite frequent workplace injuries in Texas. This can include cars, 18-wheelers or semi-trucks, smaller vehicles like scooters, motorcycles, or even forklifts. Being injured in a workplace crash results in serious injuries and can leave you hurting for weeks to come.
- Inhaling Toxic Fumes: An employer must provide you with basic safety gear like safety goggles in these circumstances. Working with hazardous chemicals can lead to serious workplace injuries. The exposure to these chemicals at oil-fields and rigs across Texas result in skin or eye reactions or even debilitation.
- Exposure to Loud Noise: Industrial deafness is a very real thing. It can result often in major compensation for you, as the victim. Many workers in different industries often are not provided ear coverings or other protections that could easily prevent long-term work injuries.
- Cuts and Lacerations: So many different simple office tools can leave someone with a nasty cut. Anything from working with a power saw, to a paper cutter. The most common cause of these type of office work injuries in Texas are as a result of inadequate safety procedures or the lack of proper protection gear.
- Walking Into Objects: Whether it is a sharp table edge, or walking into an object that was not properly secured, these injuries can often result due to the negligence of other employees at your job site.
- Fights in the Workplace: These are unfortunately not as uncommon as most of us would like to think. Fights at work often result in serious injuries in Texas workplaces. Physical confrontation is often something that simmers for long periods of time, this and the lack of clear management action to resolve issues can result in serious injury or loss of life.
- Repetitive Strain Injury: RSI is another problem that’s become increasingly commonplace at work over the years, though even now some employers don’t seem to take it entirely seriously. It is a big problem for those of us who regularly use keyboards in our work, in fact, it can result from any repetitive motion of the joints.
Common Texas Workplace Injuries
- Head injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Bone and joint injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Muscle, tendon or ligament injuries
- Stress injuries